Congrats on the test
June 2nd saw the sucessful evaluation of our most recent batch of beginner muay thai and grappling fundamentals students.
I Have to say with each test the level of participants seems to be getting better and better as I witnessed first hand some inspiring performances by students giving it thier all to demonstrate knolwedge/ solid application of thier skills, and while its just the first step towards mastery of the arts its a step in the right direction none the less.
Open house and certificate presentations
We would like to invite everyone who tested + friends and family to attend our open house and certificate presentation next saturday june 9th 2012 (2pm-5pm)
Come out and support your teammates/training partners there will be no cost associated with the feast just R.S.V.P @ email@example.com letting us know how many people you are coming with so we get the right amount of food/drink.
solid nutrional basics
I have been getting a ton of questions regarding performance nutition/cutting weight and before answering that in depth its best we all get a basic understanding of J.berardi’s The 7 Rules of Good Nutrition
These aren’t the newest techniques from the latest cutting-edge plan. Rather,
they are simple and time tested method’s of approaching your nutrition
1. Eat every 2-3 hours, no matter what. You should eat between 5-8 meals per
2. Eat complete (containing all the essential amino acids), lean protein with
3. Eat fruits and/or vegetables with each food meal.
4. Ensure that your carbohydrate intake comes from fruits and vegetables.
Exception: workout and post-workout drinks and meals.
5. Ensure that 25-35% of your energy intake comes from fat, with your fat
intake split equally between saturates (e.g. animal fat), monounsaturates (e.g.,
olive oil), and polyunsaturates (e.g. flax oil, salmon oil).
6. Drink only non-calorie containing beverages, the best choices being water
and green tea.
7. Eat mostly whole foods (except workout and post-workout drinks).
and there you have it folks a simple template to better eating but more on that later 🙂